Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Medicine..






PUMPKIN! Carving one is a lot harder than I imagined!









MMM pumpkin pie!!!
I made out of the scraps










I woke up at 5:30am this morning and was in a lot of pain :/ My dad woke up to go to work but I wasn't in pain then.. so I waited for my mom and she gave me amoxicillin? So I gotta look up some doctors and see whats up with my tummy cause it seems I have some bacterial infection.. good thing I don't have school today.. but I got tons of homework to do!

I had to come up with a concept for my portfolio class.. and what I did was listen to some of my dads old cd's.. and I found a bunch of cool bands, - Grateful Dead, The Doors, Dire Straits, and lots of Pink Floyd.. I'm already familiar with the Pink Floyd's albums so I listened to the Grateful Dead.. not as I imagined.. their music is not as dark as their band name suggests.
I listened to The Doors, then to Dire Straits, but then I went back to the Doors and listened to them ALL DAY!
Guess who has a newfound appreciation and awe for The Doors? me! I liked some of their songs before.. their more popular ones like "Touch Me" and "Break on Through".. but now I realize his songs are full of meanings that somehow evoke some weird comfortable emotion from me.. I guess it's the whole 60's 70's thing, but he wrote songs about love, war, sex, life and death... I feel like most of his songs have an undercurrent feeling of death. I had to look up about what his songs were about and such and as I kept researching I fell more and more into the FEEL of his music.

I came up with some interesting sketches, I really like how they turned out and i think the sketches got better and better. I'll post them up in a minute..


_____________________________________________________
I carved a pumpkin last week and thought I would share it with everyone :] uhh^ they're up there lol

1 comment:

Yura Kim said...

Hahaha oh my gosh.

That looks sooo adorable!

<3